Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rainy December......

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

So, in my previous blog I mentioned that I was going to Franklin Road to photograph some Xmas tree lights, and I did! It was a wonderful night, no rain! A bit unusual for Auckland isn’t it? Anyway we arrived at Franklin Rd but I soon realised it was a hard place to take photos as there is heaps or tress and just about every angle you’d get something that you would want in the photo. In saying that I did get some shots that I thought were good but not perfect.

Well here we are 1st of December 2009 and its still raining in the City Of Sails, what is going on with our weather. Us photographers want to get out shooting so I’d strongly recommend get a rain jacket for your SLR they retail from $59.99 and most camera stockists.

For those of you that are wondering where to go to take photos, go to Western Springs Gardens. I went there a week ago, the park is huge and there are plenty of things to photograph and be creative with. OK, now for one of my creativity tips: When shooting on location we tend to concentrate on shooting the big things like building, cars, people etc……… Well as welll as concentrating on the big thing try the small things. I’d give you an example lets say you’re at a Marina trying taking pics of people getting on boats or old sailors hats (if you come across them. Remember your pictures have to tell a story

Merry Xmas,

Wayne Frost

1 comment:

  1. HI JUNIOR,

    THIS LOOKS REALLY COOL.
    I HAVE TRIED & FAILED, TO DO SHOTS LIKE THIS IN THE PAST. I WILL BE KEEN TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT NEXT TIME WE MEET.

    CHEERS FOR NOW....NORM.

    ReplyDelete